Weedfree’s specialist rail division supplies services to infrastructure, train operating and private rail companies throughout the UK. Delivering a first class service without interfering with the everyday running of the rail network requires precision logistics, co-ordination and teamwork – qualities that have become synonymous with Weedfree.
- The UK’s largest employer of rail competent spray train operators
- Fully equipped to offer hand spraying and vegetation clearance for sidings, stations and depots as well as the main line.
- Weedfree is Link Up approved for the supply of On Track Protection and Warning Staff. We also offer a complete RIMINI package to many of our clients.
- All Weedfree operations are coordinated from a 24 hour control centre.
We have the expertise, experience and qualifications for mechanical site clearance, scrub removal, tree cutting and felling. We can supply qualified tree climbers, chainsaw, strimmer and chipper operators and equipment and we can remove vegetation altogether if disposal on site is not an option.
- Hazard waste
- Non Hazardous Waste
- Site Clearance
- Fly Tipping
Weedfree operates a specialist waste collection service throughout the UK to meet the particular needs of track maintenance and charter trains.
Our experienced staff, dedicated vehicles and 24 hour control means that we can always collect from the right place at the right time.
- Weedfree can collect hazardous and non-hazardous waste from any location in the United Kingdom, including the rail network.
- Our operators are experienced at handling and dealing with all types of waste.
- We provide a full certification trail for recording waste collections and disposal
- All collected waste is disposed of or recycled in a safe and correct manner
Weedfree provide water deliveries to track maintenance and charter trains throughout the UK. Our specialised vehicles, qualified drivers and 24 hour control mean we can always deliver to the right place at the right time.
- Weedfree can provide fresh water deliveries to anywhere in the UK
- All our drivers are PTS trained for access to the rail network
- Tankers are filled in the area of operation using clean mains water
- We use non-return valves to eliminate the risk of contamination
Supply of Protection Staff
Weedfree are Link Up approved for the supply of On Track Protection and Warning Staff.
Staff are available at short notice, anywhere on the network, via our 24/7 Control Centre.
Complete RIMINI protection package available if required.
Supply of Operators
Weedfree currently supply operators for a range of on-track maintenance and service operations, including:
- Sandite application and leaf clearance
- Ballast application
Make An Enquiry
View our Case Studies relating to this service